Day 4 - From Russia with love




Or well, any country really. I love Euro photography in particular. I live in America, home of the free, land of the brave. But how about looking through the eyes of someone from another country for inspiration.

For todays inspirational ideas, look outside of not only your box, but outside of your country. Maybe a little spicy Italian, or white washed shabby chic french photography will kick you into high gear.

I have many friends on flickr, from many nations and I just get so inspired by the works of people from other nations. I notice small things that they do differently from what I see from photogs here in the States. I can't put my finger on it. I *feel* that it is because they don't have the income that we do to buy every shiny object that we see that we want to use in our photography. They use what is around them, I akin their photography to our high school photogs. Out of the box and extraordinary on so many levels.

One of my favorite artists to watch on Flickr is Lero! She is from Russia and her photography always makes me stop, and ponder. Her works are all copyrighted so as much as I would love to share them with you here... , please head over to her flickr to check them out! Maybe they will inspire you as well. Look around try to spot differences in photo techniques between countries as well and maybe try to incorporate them into your workflow now and then. Doing something totally different can really spice up your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment