Day 3 - Textures

Taking this idea from Epic Edits,  I am playing with textures today.

TEXTURE


If texture is a big part of your subject, make it stand out and make it obvious. Match up the textures between your subject and your background. You might even try texturizing the entire photo for additional impact.

Textures have been a very large part of my photography life since I discovered Photoshop and all of it's abilities. As much as I <3 {OOC} Photo's and the flair and knowledge that it takes to create un-adultered photos. My weakness is still photoshopped images.

I used the same photo for both of the following pictures to show examples of two different types of texture techniques that I use.

[caption id="attachment_51" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Double layer textured image"]Inspirations[/caption]

This image I simplified by layering a gerbera daisy on top of a texture that I found on the web.

I should take a moment to say, if you collect images that are free to use in your photography, it's a good idea to either edit the name of the photo with the original creators name or web address, or edit the EXIF data on the image. I have so very many textures and overlays from artists who give away their creations for free with only a request of recognition. This image however did not get the edit info and as such I have no idea who the original artist was :(.












This second gerbera I went a little out of my normal safety level and used a texture from Graphic Authorities Urban Youth kit. I set the texture to Overlay and then set fill to 54%. I could have taken it a few more levels but I was leary of losing the nice bokeh effect that was still present.










Day 3 proved to be fun, I brought out an old picture from early 2008 not long after I first got my Canon XTi and was learning painfully slow how to use a camera again.

Reminiscing, Inspiring, Learning.

It's what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment