Day 1 Inspirations

So, we're going to try for a 2 month period of Inspirations, using the list on this site. As well as any other idea that comes to mind!


I have found Inspiration to be the driving force behind my work. I can sit and look at bridge for an hour, trying to pick out just the right picture to work on. But if I have no inspiration, no goal in mind, my day can end with me doing no editing at all. So onto day 1 of a trip to Inspirational photography




1. Play with Photoshop
So much of photography these days happens after the shutter release has been pressed. There’s probably a ton of things that you don’t know how to do in Photoshop. Learn something new and see what that does for your photography potential.






I chose to do a lite photoshop edit with this picture. I have had the song "Feeling Groovy" from Simon and Garfunkel going through my head the past few days and it just kept making me think of this one photo that I had caught on 4th street in downtown Tucson last week. A Vox/Flickr friend who lives down Tucson way invited the sister and I to go down for a fun photo session and I am thinking that there are going to be several of those pictures used in this theme.

A single grungy/pinkish layer was used.  Multiplying the layer and then toning down some areas. I really wanted the lightpost to show, but it would have taken just too much lightening to get the full effect.  This is probably about as simplistic as I get with photoshop editing. But it's a start.




See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment