Cleaned up beautifully - Sold!

I have absolutely looved loved loved this clock since my mother gave it to me many moons ago. However with changing to a rustic southwestern shabby chic look, the retro clock just doesn't match.

This clock keeps wonderful time. I have tightened all the wood rays up, as well as used all natural beeswax on the teak and polished to a gorgeous candle sheen. It made it harder to part with, let me tell you! I took a cloth to the clock face, but didn't want to polish away the rust patina, I have always felt that it added to the funky look. Hopefully the next owner will feel the same.

I am unable to even find this design anywhere online! I found a thumbnail of one that sold back in 2008, but I figured I would err on the side of low. Every other Elgin clock with the same dimensions, age, and style as well as in working condition were going for over $150!

Measurements are
Teak Rays - 8 1/2"
Clock as a whole from top of ray at 12, to bottom of ray at 6. - 25"
Clock face - 7 1/8"
There are a total of 12 teak wood rays and 12 brass balls on a brass circle frame.





No comments:

Post a Comment